Five Sons Roofing Commercial Roof Inspection Guide
Commercial Roofing Experts since 1995
Commercial roof inspections are something that your business should be planning for. By scheduling roof inspections twice annually, the life of your roof can be extended up to twice as long as a roof that is not inspected regularly. Inspections need to be scheduled twice annually, once in late fall to prepare for winter, and once in early spring to repair damages caused by winter. Extra roof inspections are also recommended after all severe weather events.
Interior Signs of Roof Issues:
Evidence of possible roof leaks are water stains, leaks, drips, mold, mildew, and peeling paint are signs that your roof can have a potential leak in that area.
When preparing for the inspection process, what steps should you take? While planning for an inspection, you want to make sure that you have your major areas of concern noted and prioritized so that we can be effective during the time of your scheduled roof inspection. Consider preparing a sketch of the building and taking down notes of any areas of the roof that you might suggest we put a close eye on. Having debris removed and tree trimming are other preliminary actions that can be done prior to your commercial roof inspection.
Five Sons Roofing inspects…
- Drains for clogging, backed up water, seals and deterioration
- For structural issues and standing water
- Vents, skylights, and equipment for proper flashing
- Flashings for a good seal, no cracks, gaps, or holes
- Pipes for sagging pipes, cracks, and missing sealant
- Equipment supports penetrating roof membrane
- Expansion Joints for splits, gaps, cuts, and tears
- Structural soundness, loose parts, and missing elements
- That walkways are in place and fully-functional
Single Ply Roof Membrane Systems
- Tears, holes, and penetrations
- Failing seams and flashings
Modified Bitumen Roofing
- Bruises, scars, and penetrations
- Failing seams and flashings
Tar and Gravel Roofs (BUR)
- Gravel that is not uniform and bare spots
- Bubbles and deep cracks
- Corrosion and loose or damaged panels
- Loose or missing screws
- Gaps or Damage to Seams
- Satisfactory coating thickness, blisters, and cracks
Five Sons Roofing is a 2nd Generation, Family Owned and Operated Company, roofing Colorado with excellence since 1996. We are your Insurance Claims Management and Flat Roof Specialist. Our company handles all types of commercial and residential, roof replacements, repairs, and maintenance, at top quality with no money upfront. Our team is “Hands-On”, fully licensed and insured, ICC approved, GAF Certified, Members of the BBB since 1999, with an A+ Rating.
We have over 50 yrs. combined experience in the roofing and contracting industry and love being a local small business. Our goal is to give you the most premium service product possible, customized to fit your needs, done right, and at a fair price. You can count on us to be knowledgeable, hospitable, reliable and effective.
We offer free roof inspection services and roof certification services. Contact Five Sons Roofing, we would be glad to help you inspect your roof on an introductory, ongoing, and educational basis!
The Five Sone Roofing team is looking forward to hearing from you.