Five Sons Roofing Residential Roof Inspection Guide
At Five Sons Roofing, we recommend that homeowners have their roof inspected after serious weather events and on a regular basis. Repairing your roof may not be convenient, but it is more costly to neglect possible damages your roof may have endured over the years. It’s like having a yearly check-up at the doctor, preventative care is better than ignoring possible issues and finding more serious problems later.
The older the roof, the more vulnerable it becomes. Don’t live under a false sense of security, your roof and shingles may look fine but a careful inspection by a roofing professional may reveal less obvious damage that impacts the effectiveness of your roof.
Five Sons Roofing provides a basic roof inspection that consists of a thorough examination of the roof and basic components such as flashings and other roof functions. The inspection of a professional can help identify possible areas of concern and items that could potentially lead to further (and more costly) damage.
You may attempt to complete this checklist yourself, but we recommend that you have a professional roof inspector to complete a proper roof inspection. Below is a summary of both exterior and interior inspection tips. Professional Roof Inspectors at Five Sons Roofing will:
- Severely blistered shingles
- Curled or split shingles
- Loose or missing shingles
- “Popped” or exposed nails
- Loose or broken shingles at the ridge and hip lines.
- Flashing missing caulk or sealant
- Corroded metal flashing
- Damaged or missing flashing
- Shingles that are not sealed
- Excessive granule loss on shingles
- Cracks or Missing Mortar in Bricks and Chimneys
- Dry Rot on Rubber Flashings
- Check gutters and downspouts
- Fascia board for any damage or rotting
- Condition of siding above the roof
- Eaves for proper shingle overhangs
- Cracks in the roof sheathing
- Proper attic ventilation
- Sagging decking (between rafters)
- Outside light coming through to the inside
- Visible leaks on the inside
- Attic intake vents for proper ventilation
- Bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans having proper ventilation
- Signs of condensation, wet drywall, or mold.
Five Sons Roofing is a local, reputable and quality contractor that is here for you!
Contact us for a complimentary roof inspection today!